A grotesque video has shown a 'forest' of fungi growing inside a patient's ear because of a fungal infection.
A Wisconsin man has lost both of his legs to a virulent infection after being licked by a dog, according to local reports. Earlier this summer, Greg Manteufel contracted Capnocytophaga canimorsus, a bacteria found in dog saliva that can cause sepsis, his family says.
In just a few days, the bacteria spread and Manteufel was fighting for his life.
After a number of admissions to hospital with chest pain, 52 year old Ian Collis was transferred between two district health boards for cardiac surgery in early March 2013, and was discharged home five days later.
Two million Americans get antibiotic-resistant infections every year. Chris Linaman was one of them. "I was part of the good outcome. There are far too many that are on the opposite end and lose their battle, their fight with their antibiotic-resistant infection."